Department of Oil and Petrochemical Engineering
Study area of the Department of Oil and Petrochemical Engineering is based on the application of chemical engineering in the crude oil refining, natural-gas processing, and petrochemicals production. Through programs of bachelor, master and doctoral studies, this study area enables the gaining of knowledge necessary for the processing of raw materials and production, research, development, and application of petroleum, gas and petrochemical products, as well as their environmentally friendly substituents, including alternative fuels.
Also, the Oil and Petrochemical Engineering provides the skills needed for operating, modifying, designing and optimization of both conventional and advanced industrial processes, in accordance with contemporary standards of quality, environmental protection and sustainable development. In addition, students learn about the environmental protection, the emissions of pollutants, oil and its derivatives spill accidents, pollutants life cycle, risk assessment and remediation technologies. Both education and research activities are performed with the support of modern software packages, with the use of modern instrumental methods, and intensive cooperation with European universities.
Years of cooperation with oil, gas and petrochemical companies enable transfer of the practical knowledge to undergraduates and graduates. Additionally, internships help them to advance their skills in industry during studies, followed by easier involvement of engineers in the company after graduation.
Department members (teachers and associates)
- Dr. Dragan Govedarica, Full Professor, Head of the Department, ORCID: 0000-0002-1563-3244
- Dr. Nataša Đurišić-Mladenović, Associate Professor, Deputy Head of the Department, ORCID: 0000-0002-5203-6051
- Dr. Olga Govedarica, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Maja Buljovčić, Assistant, ORCID: 0000-0001-7462-5714
- Julijana Žeravica, Assistant, ORCID: 0000-0003-2611-1473
Extended members of the department (researchers)
- Dr. Jelena Zivancev, Senior Research Associate, ORCID: 0000-0002-2568-2189
- Dr. Igor Antić, Research Associate, ORCID: 0000-0003-3246-5825
- Dušan Rakić, Intern Researcher