Department of Materials Engineering
At the Department of Materials Engineering students acquire knowledge at all three levels of study: undergraduate, master and doctoral. The Department of Materials Engineering deals with the education of students in the field of obtaining new and improving of the existing ceramic and polymer materials, all in accordance with the requirements set by the latest scientific trends.
In addition, the Department provides the students with the knowledge and skills necessary to examine historic materials and determine the state of significant historic objects and works of art with the aim of giving the proposal for adequate protection and rehabilitation measures. The engineeers educated at the Department of Materials Engineering are not only proficient in controlling and improving the production of materials, but they are also trained to participate in research aiming at the improvement of the composition, structure and properties of materials.
The excellent theoretical and practical training designed by the Department of Materials Engineering takes place in both laboratory conditions and those at the premises of eminent industrial companies. The Department laboratories have state-of-the-art equipment for laboratory testing as well as a mobile laboratory which is second to none of the top rank world scientific centres and institutes.
Department members (teachers and associates)
- Dr. Branka Pilić, Full Professor, Head of the Department
- Dr. Marija Milanović, Assistant Professor, Deputy Head of the Department
- Dr. Jonjaua Ranogajec, Full Professor
- Dr. Vladimir Srdić, Full Professor
- Dr. Mirjana Jovičić, Associate Professor
- Dr. Ivan Ristić, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Snežana Vučetić, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Ivan Stijepović, PhD Assistant
Extended members of the department (researchers)
- Dr. Bojan Miljević, Research Associate
- Dr. Jelena Vukmirović, Research Associate
- Dr. Vesna Teofilović, Research Associate
- Dr. Tamara Erceg, Research Associate
- Dr. Nevena Vukić, Research Associate
- Dr. Aleksandra Miletić, Research Associate
- John Milan van der Bergh, Research Associate
- Andrea Nesterović, Intern Researcher
- Sanja Rackov, Intern Researcher
- Jelena Tanasić, Intern Researcher