Department of Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering represents the practical application of chemistry, mathematics, physics, information technology, ecology and economy in the creation of new and improvement of existing technological processes and products, through specially designed experiments and using modern software packages.
Department of Chemical Engineering is responsible for teaching at all levels of study: undergraduate, master and doctoral studies in the area of Chemical Process Engineering, through a numerous subjects in the field of transfer phenomenon, reactor engineering, designing equipment and processes, mathematical modelling of processes, separation techniques, and the dynamics and process control. In addition, the Department is responsible for the education of all students of the Faculty of Technology through courses of Unit Operations.
Members of the Department of Chemical Engineering cover three groups of scientific research: the study of airlift reactors, application of membrane processes and separation of liquid-liquid systems using coalescence filtration. Research work at the Department is carried out within the framework of numerous national and international research projects (IPA, TEMPUS, EUREKA). The aim of these projects is an original contribution to world trends of science, which is reflected through the publication of a significant number of papers in high quality international journals, as well as the establishment of communication with the world centres of knowledge.
Teachers and associates were trained at Universities in Germany, USA, England, Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovenia, Hungary and Austria, during the preparation of doctoral dissertations and post-doctoral studies. These visits and contacts allow members of the Department to actively participate in contemporary educational processes.
The link among science, business and industry is the aim, which Department has to pursue, reflected through the contracts on scientific and technical cooperation signed with institutions in our country and abroad.
Students of Chemical Engineering are actively involved in the on-going researches at the Department of Chemical Engineering, as a part of their final and master papers and doctoral dissertations.Graduate students of the study programme in Chemical Engineering can work in multidisciplinary teams with engineers and experts from other fields in all branches of industry, project offices, institutes and development centres.
Department members (teachers and associates)
- Dr. Oskar Bera, Associate Professor, Head of the Department
- Dr. Arpad Kiralj, Assistant Professor, Deputy Head of the Department
- Dr. Radovan Omorjan, Full Professor
- Dr. Branislava Nikolovski, Associate Professor
- Dr. Bojana Ikonić, Associate Professor
- Dr. Marija Radojković, Associate Professor
- Dr. Svetlana Popović, Associate Professor
- Dr. Tatjana Kuljanin, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Natasa Lukic, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Predrag Kojić, PhD Assistant
Extended members of the department (researchers)
- Dr. Vladimir Filipović, Senior Research Associate
- Dr. Biljana Lončar, Research Associate
- Dr. Milica Nićetin, Research Associate
- Dr. Violeta Knežević, Research Associate
- Dr. Jelena Bajac, Research Associate
- Milena Vujanović, Research Associate
- Vedrana Prorok, Intern Researcher
- Jelena Lubura, Intern Researcher