Laboratory for Testing Food Products
Since its founding, the Faculty of Technology in Novi Sad, along with the development of the profession, has also developed laboratories, nurturing the tradition of good laboratory practice not only in terms of scientific research, but also in cooperation with users of its services.
In accordance with the requirements of the modern world market and business, in order to provide its users with maximum reliability, timeliness and confidentiality of laboratory testing services, in 2002. the Faculty of Technology established the LABORATORY FOR TESTING FOOD PRODUCTS. In 2003. the LABORATORY acquired accreditation in accordance with requirements of the standard SRPS ISO / IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing laboratories and calibration laboratories.
In 2020, the LABORATORY harmonized its work with the requirements of the version of the SRPS ISO / IEC 17025 standard from 2017 (Accreditation Certificate, accreditation number 01-059).
LABORATORY ACTIVITY AND ORGANIZATION
LABORATORY FOR TESTING FOOD PRODUCTS is the only place where SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY meet in order to test FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY.
The staff of the LABORATORY consists of more than 20 doctors of science and specialists, with the highest knowledge regarding:
- quality and safety of the test object
- technologies of the products being tested
- utilization manners and
- product sustainability.
Thanks to the expertise of its staff, the LABORATORY, in addition to product quality control, can also provide scientific-professional, technical and advisory services.
SCOPE OF TESTING
LABORATORY FOR TESTING FOOD PRODUCTS performs physical, chemical, sensory and microbiological tests and tests of the content of contaminants (mycotoxins, heavy metals and pesticides) in samples of food, raw materials, intermediate products, accompanying materials, by-products, etc.
THE LABORATORY consists of ten specialized departments:
- Department of Milk and Dairy Products
- Department of Meat and Meat Products
- Department of Oils and Fats
- Fruit and Vegetable Department
- Wine and Alcoholic Beverages Department
- Yeast Department
- Confectionery Department
- Department of flour, bakery and pasta products
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Food Contaminants
The scope of LABORATORY accreditation is available here, as well as on the website of the Accreditation Body of Serbia www.ats.rs.
LABORATORY FOR TESTING OF FOOD PRODUCTS can provide scientific-professional and technical assistance, as well as advisory services related to:
- the improvement of the chemical, nutritional, sensory and functional properties of food, raw materials, intermediate products, accompanying materials, by-products, etc.
- the improvement of the technological process of production
- the introduction of new technologies and products
- the examinination of the viability and shelf life of the product
- the improvement of the hygiene of products and processes while determining risks and developing internal control plans
- the education of interested patries in food business (courses, trainings…)
- the making of declarations and product specifications.
For the first time since its founding, the LABORATORY was entrusted with the tasks of performing laboratory testing services in the field of safety and quality of food and feed by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of the Republic of Serbia (www.minpolj.gov.rs), by Contract no. 404-02-115 / 23 / 2020-09 from 2020, in accordance with the Law on Food Safety, for:
- testing of pesticide residues
- testing of contaminants: heavy metals and mycotoxins
- testing of microbiological criteria
- testing of quality parameters
Director of LABORATORY:
Prof. Dr. Dragoljub Cvetkovic
Tel: 021/485-3627, Mob. 063/868-0438
Doc. Dr. Ranko Romanic
Sample receipt and management:
Faculty of Technology Novi Sad
Novi Sad, Bulevar cara Lazara 1, ground floor, room no. 15
Contact person: Dr. Miloš Bjelica,
Tel: 021/485-3681, Fax: 021/450-413
|Request Form for Laboratory testing[Ovde postaviti Zahtev za obavljanje ispitivanja]||Download|
|Accreditation Certificate, accreditation number 01-059||Download|
|The scope of LABORATORY accreditation||Download|
|The decision-making rule for issuing Declarations of Conformity is documented in the Instruction Lab-U-10||Download|
|The process for receiving and adjudicating complaints is documented in the Procedure LAB-P-05||Download|